retrobrad
Show us who you are - post a pic of yourself!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Show us who you are - post a pic of yourself! Reply with quote

Upon request i have started this topic, basically you can post a pic of yourself and show everyone who you are!

heres a pic of me - just before a hornet ride...

oh by the way, since i dont have an image upload in the forum (YET) you can send me your pic through the uploads page and then i can upload it for you.
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Show us who you are - post a pic of your face Reply with quote

Okay heres my ugly mut as you can see Im relaxing... Wink

Smile tomz Smile
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Show us who you are post a pic of yourself Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to add the link.....hey its been a long wet day

and Im still just drying out... Smile

Smile tomz Smile
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Show us who you are - post a pic of yourself! Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:
Upon request i have started this topic, basically you can post a pic of yourself and show everyone who you are!

oh by the way, since i dont have an image upload in the forum (YET) you can send me your pic through the uploads page and then i can upload it for you.

You went for a Hornet ride !!??. as in you "went for a ride" or you flew the plane went for a ride ?????. Question Question Question
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Show us who you are post a pic of yourself Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Sorry forgot to add the link.....hey its been a long wet day

and Im still just drying out... Smile

Smile tomz Smile

I think you said that you couldn't make it to the convention Tomz ( am i right ), but if you cant, just say "screw it" and come on down !!. ( i am starting to sound like the Price is Right . lol )
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Show us who you are - post a pic of yourself! Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

You went for a Hornet ride !!??. as in you "went for a ride" or you flew the plane went for a ride ?????. Question Question Question

i got to to fly it.

We went in a dual seat F/A-18 i sat in the back with the pilot in the front, when we got up to about 30,000 feet he handed over the controls (there are controls in the back too) and i got to have a fly - its great fun Smile

i did some flips and rolls and a bit of cloud bashing, went supersonic too.

i managed to get two flights while i was working at williamtown.

Here's another photo:
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Show us who you are - post a pic of yourself! Reply with quote

[quote="retrobrad"]
blade002 wrote:

i got to to fly it.

We went in a dual seat F/A-18 i sat in the back with the pilot in the front, when we got up to about 30,000 feet he handed over the controls (there are controls in the back too) and i got to have a fly - its great fun Smile

i did some flips and rolls and a bit of cloud bashing, went supersonic too.

i managed to get two flights while i was working at williamtown.

Here's another photo:

Wow he let you take over the controls !!. That would have been the most amazing experience ever!. I am green with envy, but in actual fact i don't know if i would have the guts to take over the controls. lol. Those things move too quick for my brain to comprehend Smile

How much did it cost? how come you were able to go up there ?
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It cost me the grand ol' sum of $0.00 Smile

Since im in the Airforce as an avionics technician, my previous posting was up in Williamtown where i worked on the F/A-18 Hornets. I was there for about 5 years and in that time i managed to score two back seat rides. It's pretty intense and you feel like crap afterwards, but it's an amazing ride!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrobrad wrote:

Since im in the Airforce as an avionics technician, my previous posting was up in Williamtown where i worked on the F/A-18 Hornets. I was there for about 5 years and in that time i managed to score two back seat rides. It's pretty intense and you feel like crap afterwards, but it's an amazing ride!

Avionics Technician working on F/A-18 Hornets!!!!. Damn you make me feel stupid. Laughing Laughing
ozzipete

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blade002 wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

Avionics Technician working on F/A-18 Hornets!!!!. Damn you make me feel stupid. Laughing Laughing

If it weren't for men and women like Brad we would all be in a lot of trouble (takes hat off)
retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozzipete wrote:
blade002 wrote:
retrobrad wrote:

If it weren't for men and women like Brad we would all be in a lot of trouble (takes hat off)

well, i do what i can!
blade002
intermediate
intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is me half way between Australia and Germany at Hong Kong Airport in April this year ( yeah i know it says Taiwan Beef Noodle, but this really "is" Hong Kong! lol Smile ). I don't look real happy because i had just flown 11 hours in a steel tube. But aren't planes just magnificent pieces of machinery !!.

retrobrad
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You look tired!

maybe you could pay someone to take you around on that red cart?

did you stay in hong kong or was it just a stop off?
tomz/TIDE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Show us who you are - post a pic of your face Reply with quote

Travel is great but the flight time sure takes it out of you. Ive been to Hong Kong only once and it was the most exiciting airport landing I have ever experienced in my travels (or ''touring'' as we used to call it back then) I dont know if they still use the same airport there but you came in to land level with the city buildingns and you landed travelling at high speed to a runaway that ended in the harbour,hairy.....

Maybe its the constant noise of the engines (in the background) thats there for the whole duration of the flight. Smile

Smile tomz Smile
ozzipete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Show us who you are - post a pic of your face Reply with quote

tomz/TIDE wrote:
Travel is great but the flight time sure takes it out of you. Ive been to Hong Kong only once and it was the most exiciting airport landing I have ever experienced in my travels (or ''touring'' as we used to call it back then) I dont know if they still use the same airport there but you came in to land level with the city buildingns and you landed travelling at high speed to a runaway that ended in the harbour,hairy.....

Maybe its the constant noise of the engines (in the background) thats there for the whole duration of the flight. Smile

Smile tomz Smile

Maybe its when the chuck the engines into reverse to stop Tomz thats when you really think Jeezus I hope this thing is gonna pull up LOL

After thought How would you be landing on a aircraft carrier hoping to god that little hook grabs the cable ..otherwise ..SPLASH !! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    retrobrad Forum Index -> Who are you? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: